To run the first mixed relay marathon, at night, accessible to all and free of charge in the heart of Paris. The aim was to bring together 5,000 runners of all abilities, with the chance to win 1,000 race numbers for the Marathon Pour Tous Paris 2024.
Target: internal Orange, external (general public, B2B, COJO & partners, RS games, influence & media…)
• Designing a 5.274 km route starting from the forecourt of the Hôtel de Ville, via the quays and the Tuileries tunnel, to reach a total of 42.195 km as a team. A route with entertainment: DJ and immersive black light tunnel.
• Creation of an experimental village on the forecourt of the Hôtel de Ville, offering a host of events and activities: digital wall (to test reflexes), make-up stand, light show, magic close-up, photocalls, foodtrucks, mobile phone collection programme, a lounge area (VIP), a stage, a giant screen and a host.
• A race kit was distributed to each team in Orange shops prior to the event: a chipped bracelet for tracking, race numbers, shirts and wristbands, enabling each participant to experience the race to the full.
• To keep the promise of a “Marathon For All”, we worked hand in hand with Handiamo (a sports agency dedicated to the disabled), thanks to whom we were able to identify the specific needs of each runner (material or human assistance).
• 4,170 runners, including 15 with disabilities
• 45% women
• 20,500 mobiles collected
• +200M audience
• 1265 publications on the networks